Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Shared formula with a supressed group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jim33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote jim33 Replybullet Topic: Shared formula with a supressed group
     Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:30pm
Does anyone know how I can retain the use of a calculation within a formula that is placed in a group that I have to surpress?
 
Formula called Sum_Shared_Curr_YR_Budget_End_Month_Running......
 
shared numbervar Grand_Curr_YR_End_Month_Total;
shared numbervar Shared_Curr_YR_Budget_End_Month;
Grand_Curr_YR_End_Month_Total := Grand_Curr_YR_End_Month_Total + Shared_Curr_YR_Budget_End_Month
 
Its placed in the design on a group footer that is on customer name. I have to supress this row because I don't want blanks.
 
Also, I'm looking for a Crystal expert to help me out every so often for which I'm willing to pay a fair market wage for.
 
 
Thank you in advance for your reply.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:37pm
When you say you have to suppress this row becasuse you don't want blanks what do you mean exactly?
If it is OK to show it when it is not "blanK" then conditionally suppress it rather than suppress it altogether.
IP IP Logged
jim33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote jim33 Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:41pm
The group that I and surpressing because it has 2 shared formulas and a subreport exists only because its in a group level 3a that supports fields shown in lower levels - 3b, etc...
 
The lower levels have fields in them that depend on these 2 formulas and there calculating.
 
But each time I go into the section expert and supress the 3a section I loose the results of these 2 formulas.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 1:55pm

Try and suppress the fields and leave the section unsuppressed to see if your fomulas still work. If they do you can just shrink those fields down and then shrink the section down.

IP IP Logged
jim33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote jim33 Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 2:52pm
The line/group that I need to supress that's on the customer name will show with multiple blank lines for x number of customer names against the farther down group which is by territory if I leave the group unsurpressed and just surpress these 3 fields.
 
2 formulas and the subreport. The subreport generates the shared formula that the other 2 formulas then use as part of the "spinning thru" summing that is done for each customer name then rolled up to the subequent territory group.
 
I thought about changing these 2 formulas to whileprintingrecords and then moving them to the header area - I tried that and got sums, but only if the subreport still stayed in this group.
 
If I make the subreport as tiny as I can - width/height of .0001 then that cuts down on the visible blank lines in the report, but for cases where I have a lot of customers in 1 territory the cumulative effect is still a large blank area.
 
Group footer on customer name. 2a has these 2 formulas. And 1 subreport. 2b has customer fields its fine. 1a is by territory with totals that depend on these 2 formulas for sales $. 1b is the reset shared variable on these by territory totals.
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 3:09pm
I have never tried suppressing a sub report and using the data from it but I would have thought it would still run the sub report and just not display the values.
I assume you tried this but ...Suppress the Sub Report under it's properities and then suppress the section using the "Suppress Blank Section" and see if this nulls out your variable from the sub report or if it bypassess what ever was causing the issue.
 
Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum