Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Use parameter value to filter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MiKeZZa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote MiKeZZa Replybullet Topic: Use parameter value to filter
     Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:08am
I've made parameter field in Crystal Reports XI.

But I think I've done something wrong, because of that I fill in the parameter but nothing changes on the report compared to the old situation.

But I only want the records that are the same as the db field, like:

{?parameterfield} = {db.field}

Sow the (easy) question is: how to do this?

I now that I need to be at parameterfields but which options are the options I have to chooce?
IP IP Logged
JohnT
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Quote JohnT Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:39am
Did you build your select statement in the Select Expert ?
 
Click on Report, Select Expert.
Select your database field, the operator and the input parameter field.
Repeat this process for all fields in your selection.
 
Run your report.  You should see different results.
 
Good Luck !
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 10:17am
An extra tip on this:
When you have the field selected in the select expert use the "Is equal to" option then click on the next field to query the data you could use, if your parameter field appears here it can be used as a mtaching field type. Easy way to make sure you are not mismatching items.
IP IP Logged
MiKeZZa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote MiKeZZa Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2009 at 11:15pm
Thanx!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum