Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to use RecordNumber as Running Total Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hdjim69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote hdjim69 Replybullet Topic: How to use RecordNumber as Running Total Field
     Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 6:14am

I’m trying to create a report that displays the total number of records in a summary section at the bottom of the report.  If I use a field in a report and it’s duplicated many times not sure if these dups count as just a single instance so without testing, I figured I can just use the RecordNumber variable but when I create a New Running Total Field and try to use the RecordNumber in the Field to Summarize it won’t let me.  And if I try to create a formula in Evaluate – use formula section, the OK button stays grayed out.

 

Bottom line, is there a way to use the RecordNumber as a Running Total Field?

TIA
hd
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 6:44am
I don't know, since I rarely use running totals, but using Count will give a count of all records...DistinctCount will check the values of the column.  In addition the Count takes a grouping parameter so you can use it at different levels of the report without having to reset it.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
hdjim69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote hdjim69 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:38am
>>DistinctCount
Thanks, I look into it.
 
hd
IP IP Logged
hdjim69
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote hdjim69 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 7:51am

Actually I decided to use Special Fields -> RecordNumber in the summary section by just dragging in to that section without having to create anything and it gives me the total number of records processed.  So this should work.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum