Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Topic: Crystal - Oracle 10g - Where are my tables? Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 1:31am
Hi all, we develop reports against schema A. QA tests on schema B.
When QA finds problems I need to also verify against B.
This is where it gets crazy.... I can create a new report against a table in B and all is well. However, if I open up the report created against schema A and change the login credentials to point at schema B, I cannot preview. Crystal tells me the tables do not exist and then finishes with an ORA 01031 0 Insufficient privileges error.
WTH - I can create a new one looking at those same table on schema B. I can also run SQL against the tables in B via SQL developer.
I'm obviously missing something here - but what it is I can tell.
Please help before some poor soul outside gets killed by a lapttop hitting him on the head.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 7:48pm
Crystal accesses Oracle tables with the format schema_owner.table_name. Just changing the login doesn't update the schema owner. Instead you need to go to the database menu and choose "set location", create a connection to the QA schema, and link the tables from the dev schema to the corresponding tables in the QA schema.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum