Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Linking/Select Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gunar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote gunar Replybullet Topic: Linking/Select Issue
     Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 8:33am
Hello,

I really need help and appreciate everyone you takes time out of their day to help me. Please see link for pdf with should explain the problem a little bit better.
http://www.redwoodtrading.net/crystal.pdf

Please let me know if you need more information
The final report should be only display YTD.
Thank you

Gunar
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 6:33am
I always recommend stored procedures, if you can do them as crystal is looking at 1 line of data at a time.  Pulling the month and year out of the invoice date isn't hard, but pulling only 1 record that matches....
 
pulling the date parts (in a formula):
shared numbervar mnth := month({invoicedatefield});
shared numbervar yr := year({invoicedatefield});
 
getting the line items is more problematic, as I can't manipulate things...
 
if you could, I would suggest creating a stored proc or a view as you have much more flexibilty in creating your data row.
 
Hope this helps, or at least gives you a path to pursue
 
 
IP IP Logged
gunar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote gunar Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 7:11am
Hi, thanks for your answer.
Is there not a easy way out of this ? ;-)
Could I create a formula stating that if month = 1 then return value_decimal where ID is = 2. ?
I never work with SP or views due to the fact that we get weekly updates for the SQL server with will probably overwrite them or make them not functional.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 11:43am

As I recall, there are multiple months for each person, and you only want to display a specific month, I can't think of easy way to accomplish what you showed in the sample.  Sub reports seem to be 'easiest' way to go as they would be functioning as your formula, basically.

IP IP Logged
gunar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote gunar Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 11:48am
Hi Lockwelle,

I played with your view and SP idea and I think I got it running. Hopefully the next update won't delete my viewsBig%20smile. Thank you so much for your help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum