Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Selecting null dates Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Jaki
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Jaki Replybullet Topic: Selecting null dates
     Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:02am
I wish to select rows that do not have a disconnect date. This sure seems like it should be simple (and obvious) but I am spinning wheels on this. I figgured "= cdate(0,0,0,0,0,0)"
Thanks
Jim
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:21am
I believe that the isnull should handle it fine.
isnull({table.datefield})=true
IP IP Logged
Jaki
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Jaki Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 7:38am
Thank you.
I didn't realize I could use a formula in the select. I've been programming since wires but I am new to CR.
Jim
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 11:39am
And actually, you don't need the "=true".  IsNull() evaluates to true or false so comparing it to true is redundant.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
jackhasback
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2009
Location: Libya
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jackhasback Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 3:30pm
thanx so much
I want to help people so they can help themselfs
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum