Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Topic: Changed a Table to a Command and now....... Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 12:31am
Hi, I do hope someone can help on this.
The db is Oracle.
In a report, I recently replaced a table with a Command. The command was querying the same table and joinng to another, so basically adding a couple of fields. I replaced the links and the fields on the actual report.
The query is valid and Crystal didn't complain about it.
Now when I try to preview I get these to errors one after the other...... (1) Failed to retrieve data from the database and (2) Cannot determine the
queries necessary to get data for this report
My Thoughts ======== (1) suggests to me that there is something wrong with the query. However, I can right click on a field and select "Browse Data" and I do see some - so that kind of rules that out.
(2)Is it that crystal doesn't realize what the main data set for the report is? When I open the database links form, and close I get a message saying.... "The current link configuration contains multiple starting points. Please be advised that this is generally unsupported"
What does this mean? There are some tables in the db expert that have no links, which I guess could be a problem as Crystal doesn't know which table/command is the main data for the report.
BTW - This is a report written by someone else which I have had to modify.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 20 Jan 2009 at 1:10pm
The problem probably is being caused by the tables that are not linked. Do you have any way of linking them? You could also look at adding them to the command and getting the data that way. While it is possible to mix commands and tables in a report, a best practice is to use one or the other but not both if possible.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum