I have a table and a command that uses a select statement. The table is joined to the command on empno and chkdate(left outer join). The field types in the table are the same as the field types in the table from which the select in the command is using. The chkdate field is a date field.
The problem I'm having is when I join the table to the command and run a report I only get data from the table. No matches from the select. I added a trim(table.empno)=trim(command.empno) and removed chkdate from the join and recevied results. This was done to test the match on empno. So it seems the command is adding spaces to the beginning of the empno and chkdate. I tried to add a trim(chkdate) to the join statement but it errored off stating the command was invalid.
1) Why is the command (using a select statement) adding spaces to the empno and chkdate fields?
2) Is there a way to trim the spaces from the chkdate field and join to chkdate from the table?
Jeff
PS
using Crystal X and Foxpro database backend