Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: List of list in Crystal reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Cerberus
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Cerberus Replybullet Topic: List of list in Crystal reports
     Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:13am
Hi everyone Smile:

Sorry if the topic is not in the right subforum, but this is my first post.

The question is simple, but it looks like no one want to explain CLEAR the solution to my problem, so I can understand it Tongue

I try to show in my report something as Simple as this Object Structure:
  1. Object has List of Articles, and some information
  2. Article has 2 List (Call them Element and Stuff) and some information
  3. Element and Stuff just have some information
Code is like this:

Object code example
---------------------------------------------------------

Public Class RootObject{
  Public List<Article> Articles
  Public String Name
  Public String OtherInformation
}

Public Class Article{
  Public List<Element> Elements
  Public List<Stuff> MoreStuff
  Public String Name
  Public String OtherInformation
}

Public Class Element{
  Public String Name
  Public String OtherInformation
}

Public Class Stuff{
  Public String Name
  Public String OtherInformation
}

---------------------------------------------------------

After a deep search on the web, I just found that it would be easy if I were using DataSets, but that's not a problem Smile.

So I have 2 simple questions:

  1. There is any way to use Objects instead of DataSets??  Confused (I'm using Castle ActiveRecord, but if you don't know what´s that let it be NHibernate.)

  2. How many subreports do I have to use, and how the hell do i configure them to show a Report like this??? Angry:

Required Report Example
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
RootObject: RootObjectName
Articles
Article 1 : Information
Elements
Element1 : Information
..............
ElementN : Information

Stuff
Stuff1 : Information
.........
StuffN : Information
 ..........
Article N : Information
..................
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Is it really SO hard to do this on Crystal Reports?????? I spent days searching for a solution to this and i found NOTHING AngryAngry. All the problem is on trying to show List of List in a Report.

Thanks in advance for your help. Big%20smile
Cerberus
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:30am
Hmm...
Not sure about reporting on that type of obj.

How about adding a method to you objects to output to XML and then report on the XML...

Just a thought.

Regards

DC
IP IP Logged
Cerberus
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Cerberus Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:33am
Yeah, if I cannot use Objects, just try to imagine I'me using a Dataset with 4 DataTables:

ObjectRoot <- Article <¬- Element
                                     | - Stuff

But, Which is the deeper Subreport for nested information that I can use?


Edited by Cerberus - 19 Jan 2009 at 5:41am
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:36am
Main report - Articles
    Sub Rep - Elements
    Sub Rep - Stuff
IP IP Logged
Cerberus
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Cerberus Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:38am
Originally posted by AntDC

Main report - Articles
    Sub Rep - Elements
    Sub Rep - Stuff


And what about RootObject Information?
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 5:40am
Join Root and Article and group by root
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum