Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 8:40am
Use the Summary function to create a sum of the field at the appropriate group level you want to suppress on and then use that summary field as your condition to suppress on.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 9:30am
Sorry but by your example code I thought you were not using the sum at the group level. This is very odd becuase I tested it using both a formula field to get the sum and the sum summary function and it suppresses fine on sum=0 for me. I assume you validated that all of these have a 0 total in the group sum and none have null instead of zeros?
Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 12:01pm
Yes, all of my data had a zero sum. This has happened before with certain files and I'm not sure why. I had posted this question on a user group in the past and others had experienced the same. They had attributed it to fractions ( .0000001). But in this particular case I am just adding and subtracting 2 decimal places. I have no answer other than the above formula worked.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum