Hello everyone, I'm using Crystal Reports XI and I'm trying to get a simple count of some records using the distinctcount function. It appears as though crystal reports is not counting a distinct item when it's at the end of the returned dataset. I have three rows of episodeid columns like this:
1
2
3
And the disctinctcount functon returns 2 instead of 3 as it would with the sql query select count(distinct(episodeid)).
Is there any way to make crystal reports count this last item? I've tried using a running total field and it returns the same erroneous (from my point of view) results. It appears to have to do with the cursor being at the end of the record set. It appears to fail to count that last value because there is no additional distinct row value to trigger the count addition.
I've also tried using an sql epression field witht he parened value and it works but then I can't pass through my report parameters.
I'm going to try a subreport next but it seems like that's a lot to do for such a simple need.
Any help would be appreciated.
Paul