Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR XI DLL's to be included with a VB6 deployment Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
PLTyler
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote PLTyler Replybullet Topic: CR XI DLL's to be included with a VB6 deployment
     Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 4:04am
Hello All,

Can anybody point me to where I can find the necessary CR XI DLL's to be included with a VB6 RDC package (using the Package and Deployment Wizard)?

I think I need to physically include the files rather than use the CR XI merge modules as the Package and Deployment Wizard might not recognize MSM files.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Tyler
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 12:01pm
Unfortunately, you can't just include the DLL's. The CR installation also makes modifications to the registry. A DLL-only installation doesn't work.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
PLTyler
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote PLTyler Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 12:56pm
Thanks Brian,

OK, but there must be a way to distribute a VB RDC app as CR XI R2 documentation states that it is compatible with VB 6 (but admits that it is the last version of CR which is).

Maybe someone who has done it will take the bait and get back to me.

I could also load the RPT files separately on the network which I could call from VB instead of bundling them inside the EXE. (I am talking about a single client here with a managed installation)

Peter
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2009 at 1:16pm
I actually heard that someone had reversed engineered the CR install and documented all the steps to install it as you want. But I have no idea if the site is still up or if Google can track it down for you.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum