Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Page headers/Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
spaveley
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote spaveley Replybullet Topic: Page headers/Subreports
     Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 10:33am
Hi
I have a main report containing 2 sub reports, I want to create Page Headers within the sub reports - which is not standard. Alternatively can I suppress Page Headers in the main report dependent on which Group Header is being printed? I can't work out how to do this. I basically need to have different (or blank) Page Headings depending which subreport is showing, but they are variable in length.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Sam
MrsP
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2009 at 1:01pm
The trick for getting page headers in subreports is to create a fake group in the subreport (you could make it be an empty string) and use it's group header as the page header. You can make it print on every page.
 
You can also suppress page headers based on the group by using the conditional formula for the Suppress property and basing it on the group field.
 
I cover subreport tricks and tips like this in my CR Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum