Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Group Tree Problem Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 11:02am
When pulling data into a report through a Universe, I then suppress a record within Crystal Reports in the detail section, but the record still shows up in the Group Tree, is there any way to also get this record not so show up in the Group Tree?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 6:17am
I would try applying a data filter Report/Selection Formula/Record...this will exclude from data and keep it out of the tree, if I understand the request.
I use stored procedures, which gives me much more control and flexibility as I can manipulate the data before the report sees it, and I only get the records that I need...but that is another topic.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:18am
This link may also help if you are having a problem conditionally suppressing a group that has no details in it, but in generally I agree with lockwelle that you can have much better control using stored procedures or views.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum