Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help... How do I create a summarized field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jackjack
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Location: Philippines
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jackjack Replybullet Topic: Help... How do I create a summarized field
     Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 4:10am
Help! How do I create a summarized field based on a summary on another table?

Details:
I have a header table and a line items table. In the header table (sales order example), I also have a line items table (the sales order items).
Now I already created the summary report which contains the summary of the header table. But I also need a field named sales order count which summarizes the of the number of item rows in my line items table. How do I do that? Please help.. I'm stuck.
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 4:52am
Seems that you just need to add grouping using the rows in the header.
Then add your "running total" fields to the group footer.
Your grand totals will still be OK on the report footer.
DC
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:29am
Another solution if you do not want to use running totals...
If you just want a count of how many detail rows per group and your table that is diplaying this detail data has a primary field that uses unduplicated data (e.g. the primary field that is usually a running counter for your table), just use that field, create a Summary on it, summarize as distinct count, summary location would be group1 (assuming you only have one group). This distinct count can be put in your group footer or group header. Note that Running Totals can only be in footers.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum