Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Tree Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
r140396
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote r140396 Replybullet Topic: Group Tree Problem
     Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 11:02am
When pulling data into a report through a Universe, I then suppress a record within Crystal Reports in the detail section, but the record still shows up in the Group Tree, is there any way to also get this record not so show up in the Group Tree?
Golfer Girl
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 6:17am
I would try applying a data filter Report/Selection Formula/Record...this will exclude from data and keep it out of the tree, if I understand the request.
 
I use stored procedures, which gives me much more control and flexibility as I can manipulate the data before the report sees it, and I only get the records that I need...but that is another topic.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 8:18am

This link may also help if you are having a problem conditionally suppressing a group that has no details in it, but in generally I agree with lockwelle that you can have much better control using stored procedures or views.

IP IP Logged
r140396
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote r140396 Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2009 at 12:18pm
Thanks for your input, we'll give this a try. 
Golfer Girl
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum