Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Details a, Details b, etc. Print in that order Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
psfin_mn
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote psfin_mn Replybullet Topic: Details a, Details b, etc. Print in that order
     Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 7:58am
I have a Crystal 9 report, and I want the Details a to print followed by the Details b, followed by Details c, etc...   But when the report actually prints, sometimes Details f prints first (followed by Details e, then Details a). 
 
How do I force the printing order to always be a, b, c, d, etc.?
 
IP IP Logged
RitaInHood
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote RitaInHood Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 12:01pm
Pull up the "Change Group" dialog box for the grouping above the details, and change it from "Sort Ascending" to "In Specified Order" and type in your order.

(You may need to add another sort group)
IP IP Logged
psfin_mn
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote psfin_mn Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 2:06pm
I don't get how that works...  When I try to use that, and I put in 'Named Group', it  puts up the 'Enter Value(s)'  box for all of the report parameters.   
Could you please further explain how this works?  Thanks
IP IP Logged
RitaInHood
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Quote RitaInHood Replybullet Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 1:35pm
Let's say you have sales stages of "Contact", "Proposal", "Closed/Won", and "Closed/Lost".  You want the records to always to report in that order.  If you do a "sort ascending", it'll appear in the order

Closed/lost
Closed/won
contact
Proposal

If you instead choose the "in specific order", you can type in

contact
Proposal
Closed/lost
Closed/won

and it will always display in that order.
IP IP Logged
psfin_mn
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote psfin_mn Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 11:02am

I think my question is not being understood...

It's not that there is a field where the possible values should be printed in a certain order.  Rather I have a Crystal form (in design view) where there is a Group Header that has 6 'Details' lines under it.  Details a has several database fields within it, Details b has a formula for voucher comments, Details c  has another formula, Details d has other database fields in it, and Details e has yet another formula in it. 
I need to have these Details lines always printing in that specific layout order.  (but right now, they do not do that!  sometime Details e prints out before Details a)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum