Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Including All Records in Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Bonnie Gail
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Bonnie Gail Replybullet Topic: Including All Records in Report
     Posted: 26 Dec 2008 at 2:33pm
If I include a field on a report which is blank for some of the records the records with no data in that field are eliminated from the report.  I would like the fields which are populated to print out for each record whether they have data in all fields or not.  Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 6:40am
Are you filtering on this field?  I regularly have data fields that are blank or NULL appearing on reports.  If you are filtering on the field, you might try adding the condition that it is blank or null to be allowed to display.  In addition you might try changing how Crystal looks at the data....File/Options/Reporting, and place checks to Convert Null values to default.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
Bonnie Gail
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Bonnie Gail Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 6:40am
I'm not filtering on this field.  I thought I did change the NULL value to the default, but I'll double check.  I use the program at a client's site and won't get to try it until the 5th.  Thanks for the help.
IP IP Logged
saoco77
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote saoco77 Replybullet Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 7:50am
One other thing to check.

Is your report using multiple tables? If yes, you'll want to verify that you are using either a left or right outter join opposed to an inner join between tables.



IP IP Logged
Bonnie Gail
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Bonnie Gail Replybullet Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 7:33am
There are multiple tables in my report, but left, right and outer and inner  joins are beyond my level of expertise in Crystal.  I'm not sure what they refer to.
IP IP Logged
saoco77
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote saoco77 Replybullet Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 10:54am
If you have multiple tables in a report they are commonly linked by a field that occurs in both tables.

For example if you have two tables joined by the "letter field"

Table 1    Table 2
A          A
B          B
C          C
D          

Inner join your report will display only those fields which occur in both tables (A,B and C)

Left Outter Join - report will display all records from table 1 and only those records from table 2 which match (A,B,C and D)

Right Outter join is the reverse will all records from table 2 and only those which match from Table 1.

The default linking in Crystal Reports is Inner Join. In needed, you can modify the type of join on the Links tab under the database expert.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum