Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: reporting same record multiple times Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:47am
Hi, this is probably an easy answer but I can't figure it out.
I have a report giving me duplicate records (the same record multiple times) on a report. I think this is happening because the record matches multiple criterion in the Select Expert, but I don't know how to make the report limit itself to reporting only one matching instance.
Any help any of you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 1:47pm
Simple way:
In the Database menu, turn on "Select Distinct Records".
Sometimes that doesn't work because of the number of tables and minor data differences between different records. In that case, group on the field or fields that identify a "unique" record and put your data in the group header or footer.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 6:44am
Thank you, I did the second suggestion and grouped by the similar data and put the data that previously had been reporting my dupes in a separate group now it is fixed. Thanks very much!!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum