Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Supression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dockmon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Location: Cayman Islands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dockmon Replybullet Topic: Group Supression
     Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 2:27pm
Report Datasource is SQL server. I want to Hide/supress the header and footer of a group if the data field value that group is based on is a certain value is met. I am trying this in the section expert and if i try the test the GroupName ({dbfield}) or if i used a share variable from the details line I get an invalid group condition. I it impossible to conditionally supress a group header/footer?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 1:47am
Hi
 
Go to Section Expert then in Suppress No Drill Down click X+2 and enter
 
{table.fieldname} = value
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
dockmon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Location: Cayman Islands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dockmon Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:14am
I select the field from the list. I have tried both database and report fields and I get the error The field name is not known

The field is numeric so I have {SIT_TLM.TLM_JLM_NO}=0
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:23am
Hi
 
That's strange......did u try placing the field in the report does it give you the same error.Also when you open the report once done try doing verify database and see is anything has changed.
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
dockmon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Location: Cayman Islands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote dockmon Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 8:55am
Thank You, you are absolutely righ, it does work. I just cant get it to work in the report designer of Visual Basic . NET 2008. but in CR XI work flawlessly. It is either a Microsoft n e u t e r ed feature or a bug in Crystal, where if you add a field to a report it is not seen by function editor. I will try it again in MS VB by creating a new report and see if it works.ClapClapClap  
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum