Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: selection formula using field from subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sandy
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote sandy Replybullet Topic: selection formula using field from subreport
     Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 10:07am
I am modifying a report that contains 2 subreports.
The main report has basic data such as name, address.
A subreport is added to GH1h.  It displays the fees received for that record.  A 2nd subreport is added to GH1i which displays the completion date of the inspection(s)  The subreports are linked based on a payment key.  
 
I need to just select those inspections that have not been completed and that completion date is coming in from the last subreport. 
 
The reason I needed the 2nd subreport was because when I tried to link the additional table I needed to the others used in the main report I rec'd an error -- unable to change the link type.  All I wanted to do was add an additional table but for some reason I was not able to thus the reason for the 2nd subreport.
 
Can this be accomplished???
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 7:17am

Seems a silly question, but could you move the 2nd subreport up in the display order and then use a shared variable to suppress the rest of the report...not quite the most effecient filter, but it might get the job done since the link doesn't want to go.

The bigger question, I would suspect is why the link won't work...are the fields of the same type?
 
Just wondering...well that is what I would try...or creating a stored procedure, which is how all of my reports are created.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum