Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Need Help (Formula) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
curtlmyers
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote curtlmyers Replybullet Topic: Need Help (Formula)
     Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 3:26pm

I want to concatenate a group of details in a report.

Item         Description               SEQ    CommentText
V82243         **08 Mercury Sable         000

V82243         **08 Mercury Sable         001      **08 Mercury Sable~;~08 Ford Taurus~;~05-07 Ford F

V82243         **08 Mercury Sable         002       ive Hundred~;~05-07 Ford Freestyle~;~05-07 Mercury

V82243         **08 Mercury Sable         003       Montego~;~

 

above is what the date looks like in Crystal reports. I want to take SEQ 000,001,002,003 and make one single CommentText that will look like (**08 Mercury Sable~;~08 Ford Taurus~;~05-07 Ford Five Hundred~;~05-07 Ford Freestyle~;~05-07 Mercury Montego~;~)

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 7:09am
I would write a formula that concatenates the comment text into a shared variable.  This formula goes on the detail line.  Write a formula to display the shared variable in the group footer and a formula to reset the shared variable in the group header.
 
Oh yeah, there would be a group created for Item, if that is the unique value.  Oh and suppress the details as they don't have the message that you want.
 
I know that this is a rough outline.  the shared variable declaration for all of the formulae would be: Shared StringVar Comment.  Assignment would be using the := operator.  End lines with a semicolon.
 
Yeah, this might be stuff you already know...just including for completeness.
 
Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
curtlmyers
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote curtlmyers Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 7:52am

I will give this a try, Thanks for you help.

I may be back to ask for help if I get stuck I am not that great at using Crystal yet...Big%20smile

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum