| Author |
Message |
xfahad
Newbie
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Topic: Multi header report Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 12:09pm |
|
Hi, I have a report in which I want to repeate the detial section on each page with different page header. The report has three pages so I want page 1 with some different page header and then page 2 with different header and same for page 3 as well but the detail section remains same for all three pages. Can any one help me Thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
theBlueFrog
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
|

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 10:07am |
|
Create a formula field.
Use a switch / case statement.
(The below is pseudo-code, possibly not the exact correct syntax... typing this in a rush!)
Switch (PageNumber) Case 1 : "Your page 1 text" Case 2 : "Your page 2 text" Case 3 : "Your page 3 text" Default : "Default Page Header text";
Place the formula field in the Page Header.
|
|
Anton Wilson
Microsoft CRM Consultant &
Crystal Reports specialist
|
IP Logged |
|
xfahad
Newbie
Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 11:03am |
|
Hi, Thanks for your reply.. I have created three page header and three detail sections. I can display three page headers by using the suppress formula. But I can see the detail section only on first page not on page 2 and 3. Is there any way I can display the detail section as well on page 2 and 3. Thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
themessenger
Groupie
Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
|

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 7:54am |
|
If you bring the data in using a tripple union you can feed the page headers in as a field, ie:
SELECT 'Page 1' as Header,field1,field2 from Table1 UNION SELECT 'Page 2' as Header,field1,field2 from Table1 UNION SELECT 'Page 3' as Header,field1,field2 from Table1
Then you group by the Header field, set new page before for the group header and voila ... three pages with identical data and different headers.
(You should be able to do this using the Command if you haven't got access to the database.)
Hope this helps,
TheMessenger
|
|
Managing Director
www.allmymenus.com
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|