Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Limiting Dynamic Parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Barris
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Barris Replybullet Topic: Limiting Dynamic Parameter
     Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 12:59pm
I need to create a dynamic parameter.  I only want to show the options that begin with 'Week Ending'.  Can anyone please help me with this?
 
Thanks!!
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 1:44pm
Hi
 
Can you please explain in more details please.
 
Cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
Barris
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Barris Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 2:00pm
I have a field that includes many record identifier types including 'Holiday' , 'Vacation', Week Ending 11/01/08',  'Week Ending 11/08/08', etc   The 'Week Ending' records will increase as time goes on.  I need a report in which the user can select only the records that begin with "Week Ending".  I need it to be a parameter because I want them to choose which weeks they want to report on. 
I can create a dynamic parameter but can't find a way to limit it to just the 'Week Ending' records.  
 
Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 2:59am

Hi

Do this in the same report create a command object using Add command
 
in that code
 
Sql Server Syntax
 
Select table.fieldname where table.fieldname like 'Week Ending%'
 
Access Syntax
Select table.fieldname where table.fieldname like ''Week Ending*'
 
Click ok crystal will crib saying you have multiple results etc etc click ok
 
Then go to parameters field create dynamic parameter and select the value for it from the command object field.
 
Cheers
Rahul 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Barris
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Barris Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 12:38pm
I worked....Thanks for your help!! Clap
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum