Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Include null Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
roxanne_2929
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote roxanne_2929 Replybullet Topic: Include null
     Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 3:44pm
I am using the following record selection formula
{USER_TT_TRAYS.SCAN_TYPE} <> "S"
There are three possible scan types - S, M and D. It is pulling the M and D records but it is not including any records that are null. Is there a way to include the records that are null?
I have already tried adding
 
or isnull({USER_TT_TRAYS.SCAN_TYPE})
 
and it did not bring me the results I needed.
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 12:59am
Hi
 
Change the condition and check for Nulls first so
 
 isnull({USER_TT_TRAYS.SCAN_TYPE}) or USER_TT_TRAYS.SCAN_TYPE} <> "S"
 
Also change some settings open the report then go to file menu then report options and Select
 
Convert Database Null values to default
Convert other Null Values to default
 
and then try your original condition
 
 USER_TT_TRAYS.SCAN_TYPE} <> "S" or  isnull({USER_TT_TRAYS.SCAN_TYPE})
 
I am not sure why crystal behaves in such way ?
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
roxanne_2929
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote roxanne_2929 Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 12:18pm
It worked when I selected the report options you suggested. Thank you SOOO MUCH!!!Clap
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum