Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Changing filed names on ODBC export Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
COBIT
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote COBIT Replybullet Topic: Changing filed names on ODBC export
     Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 3:02pm
I am exporting a report to an SQL Table but the Column names show something similar to the following:

GH1_INMAST_VIEW_CAD_Call_No
GH1_INMAST_VIEW_Received_Date

I would like to rename them to something simpler such as:
CallNo
RecDate

Is this possible?

Any direction will be greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 6:35am
I haven't done this, but this is how I would approach the solution.
 
I am guessing that the fields in the database or datasource use the longer names, and I am guessing that Crystal will use the name it 'sees' in the export, so I would try creating a formula that is named the simpler name just displays the longer named field.
 
For example the formula called CallNo would look like:
GH1_INMAST_VIEW_CAD_Call_No
 
and try exporting.
 
It's just a thought and there might be a better way out there.  Anyone else?
 
Hope it helps
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum