Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Supressing sub-report header after first row. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
andrew
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote andrew Replybullet Topic: Supressing sub-report header after first row.
     Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 5:50am

Hi all,

I have a form that returns data with a subreport that can return multiple rows underneath. I want to suppress the header if there are multiple rows. Is there a function that I can use in a formula for suppression (i.e, I could count the records and do if record > 1 then suppress) as that would be idea.
 
 
 
 
As its a bit difficult to explain, and to avoid confusion, i've drawn below how the report currently renders and how I want it to look. Thanks!
 
 
Currently:
 
Header            Header           Header
Data                Data               Data
 
 
Header            Header           Header
Data2              Data2             Data2
 
Desired:
 
Header            Header           Header
Data                Data               Data
Data2              Data2             Data2
 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 6:41am

Hi

This is what you do create a Fake Group Header using formula write the code below
 
Whilereadingrecords;
""
 
Group by Fake Groupheader which will be your first group once done ,Place the Group Headings in Fake Group Header,also check repeat group headers on each page for group options.
 
Cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum