Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Recurring Report ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Talkie98
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Talkie98 Replybullet Topic: Recurring Report ?
     Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 6:02am

Filter Parameter Question to make report recurring:

I want it to recur every Thursday morning for the previous Monday through Sunday.  I keep trying to make the date formulas but they keep failing.  I have used

DateAdd(“d”,-10,today) and DateAdd(“d”,-4,today) as the formulas but that didn’t work for me, this is the original below before I changed anything.  Can you help?  The way I am doing it keeps failing.  Thanks!

 

(If {RV_PB_PAYROLL_BOARD.NAME} = "Filled"

    Then {RV_PB_PAYROLL_BOARD.START_DATE} <= {?End of Work Period}

    Else If {RV_PB_PAYROLL_BOARD.NAME} = "Closed"

        Then {RV_PB_PAYROLL_BOARD.ACTUAL_END_DATE} >= {?Start of Work Period} and {RV_PB_PAYROLL_BOARD.START_DATE} <= {?End of Work Period})

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 11:21am

In order to run this on a recurring schedule, you'll have to get rid of the parameters and replace them with formulas that do the date calculation for you based on the day that the report is run.  You then manually update the selection criteria to use the formulas instead of the parameters (the Select Expert won't allow you to select formulas, so you'll click on the Formula button in the Expert and edit it.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum