Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date range entered by the user Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Hector
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Hector Replybullet Topic: Date range entered by the user
     Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 10:49am
Confused
Hello, I am new in Crystal report and I need to create a report based on date range, the idea is to let the user enter both dates (From, To) and I have no idea how to do it, My crystal report version is 8.5
 
If somebody can help me with ideas I will really appreciate it, I am really confuse...
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
JohnT
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Quote JohnT Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 11:23am
To setup parameters for a user to enter, go to the Field Explorer screen, right click on parameter fields and select new.  The screen will ask for a name, a prompt and a type.  When you run your report, the prompt will appear and give the user a field to enter the data. 
 
For you, you could call it fromdate.  The prompt would be 'enter the from date' and it has a type of date.  Use the name of the field (fromdate) in your select statement or as a variable in your report. 
 
Good luck !
IP IP Logged
Hector
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Hector Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 1:15pm
Thanks, work perfect. I appreciate your Help.
 
Hector
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum