I'm trying to filter out some data in a command and it is not working - I have the same SQL statement in my VB project and it works correctly - but is giving me problems with CR.
Here is the statement; I don't want descriptions that start with Z.
-----------------------------------------------
SELECT PCLASS FROM CPY10050
WHERE PDESCRIPTION NOT LIKE 'Z%'
UNION
SELECT '...ALL' FROM CPY10050
-------------
When I refresh and ask for a new prompt - all the divisions still come up
-----------------------------------------------------
I've done some searches since I first wrote this
and I've seen some code like this
WHERE right(t.eventstr,1) NOT LIKE '%B'
I can find nothing in my book that explains this to me but I think it has to do with why my SQL Statement might not be working.
----------------------------------------------------
I've have since found some more info on this:
I now have my where statement as follows
WHERE LEFT(PDescription,1) not like 'z'
but this still doesn't work
---------------------------------------------
Edited by kiml - 01 Dec 2008 at 10:47am