Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal reports vs VS.Net Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tyakimov
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote tyakimov Replybullet Topic: Crystal reports vs VS.Net
     Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 1:49pm

Hi Crystal Reports experts

I have a general questions regarding Crystal Reports.
Is there any benefit buying Crystal Reports 2008 if I already have CRW in VS.Net 2005?
 
Thanks
Tyakimov
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 6:24am
I don't have Crystal 2008, but the version that is packaged in VS 2005 is version 10.something, so it has fewer features than CR2008 would have.  In addition, there are some features that are found in the CR IDE that are missing from the VS IDE for Crystal, in particular, I use layout lines.  In CR XI, you can programatically move fields and change their sizes, this may be available through calls to the report, but I haven't tried as I don't need it too often.
 
Personally, I like the using the Crystal IDE over the VS IDE, but that is my preference.  If I couldn't afford Crystal, I would use what came with VS.  I think that it would get me through 95% or more of the reports that I do.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum