Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: New page problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
richboy7
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote richboy7 Replybullet Topic: New page problem
     Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 8:03pm
If I have data in group;
 
group1
detail1
detail2
detail3
 
group2
detail1
detail2
detail3
 
group3
detail1
detail2
detail3
detail4
 
When printing I want to start new page when at the bottom of the page contain only the header of group or contain group header and only 1-2 detail.
 
How can I do this?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 6:25am
I have tried various methods, but the one that seems to work the best is...Go to your group line, right click on the left side of the screen (in the gray) and 'Change Group', Options tab, place a check in 'Keep Group Together'.  For the most cases, Crystal will insert the page break and will do its best to keep the group together.
 
Found this originally in another post on this site.
 
Hope this is what you were looking for.
IP IP Logged
richboy7
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote richboy7 Replybullet Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 9:12pm
Thank you for your answer.
I did that also.
However, sometimes the big group will begin with the new page and leave the blank for a half page before the new page.
I hope there are some how to chechk that only header of group or only one or two detail line, then begin a new page.
 
Anyway, Thank you very much.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum