Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Not getting "ALL" in my prompt Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kiml
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote kiml Replybullet Topic: Not getting "ALL" in my prompt
     Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 9:08am
Hello
I'm trying to add "ALL" to a prompting dropdown box but it doesn't appear.
 
I have created a the command
Select PClass from CPY10050
Union
Select '...All" from CPY10050
 
When I Browse the data "...All" shows up at the top of the list of the Command.PClass popup box.
 
But when I ask for prompting it does not show up in the list.
 
What have I missed?
 
This is my select formula
 
{PPStartDate.PPStart} = {?PayPeriodStartDate} and
{SwipeAccumulativeHours.PPDay} >= {?PayPeriodStartDate} and
{SwipeAccumulativeHours.PPDay} <= {PPStartDate.PPEnd} and
if {?Division} <> "...ALL" then
{CPY10050.PClass} = {?Division}


Edited by kiml - 26 Nov 2008 at 11:03am
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 4:47am
Hi
 
can you mail me ur report........
 
cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 6:29am
I believe that Crystal is case sensitive, so "...All" <> "...ALL".  Could that be the issue?
 
I know I hate when I do little mistakes like that, that takes hours to track down, since it looks right.
 
Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
kiml
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote kiml Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 7:22am
Rahul fixed the problem by redoing my prompt - what he did was take out the description.   But this now leaves me with another issue.  The description is more user friendly than the value.  So am I understanding correctly that to use an all prompt you cannot have a description as part of the parameter.   Because I wanted to sort by description because it puts my inactive divisions at the bottom. 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 7:36am

Since I can't see the report, I am not going to say that you cannot use descriptions, but the descriptions it seems reside in a a table called CPY10050.  If this is true, then add the table to your report and you can group by the descriptions.

If I don't understand or am completely off base...sorry to have wasted your time.
IP IP Logged
kiml
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote kiml Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 8:55am

It's not grouping I'm trying to do.   My table is CPY10050 it has the division code(key) and the division name(description).

I want to be able to select all divisions for the report.  I added the command with the union statement. 
 
But when I create the prompt; in the prompt screen; if I have division code as the value leave description blank - I will see 'ALL in my dropdown box.
But if I put something in the description the 'ALL no longer can be seen. 
 
So I just want to verify if this is a constraint with Crystal Reports.  That you can only add 'All to the value of the parameter.?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 9:30am
It has been a while since I did dynamic parameters, but you should be able to select the description in the command and display it.  The value is the field that the report will use for the selection criteria, but I am pretty sure that the description is the field that you can use to describe your field.  You would just need to add in the union a description of 'ALL' as well.
 
So, I am pretty sure that there is not a constraint.
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum