Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreports not Refreshing Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MaddMatt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote MaddMatt Replybullet Topic: Subreports not Refreshing
     Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 3:21am
I have a report that contains 8 subreports.  The main report has no datasource and is merely there to contain the subreports.  Each subreport contains a simple record count (8 databases, each counted in one of the subreports).  All 8 of the databases require a password.
 
When I refresh the report, CRXI quickly counts 0 records and completes, returning 8 blank subreports.
 
If I double click a subreport in Preview, I get promted to log on and Crystal reads the records and returns the correct count.  Returning to the Main report Preview, I still see 8 blank subreports.
 
I have been through all of the setting I can find and can see nothing preventing the report from running correctly.
 
Any ideas anyone?
 
Incidentally, if I run the report in CR2008 (trial), it works perfectly.
 
Cheers,
 
Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
IP IP Logged
esi_fella
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote esi_fella Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2008 at 11:19am
In your main report go to File > Report Options and uncheck "Suppress Printing When no Records"
 
I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out.
 
Since your main report is only a shell with no data source it will never have records so if this option is checked none of your report objects will display--not even your report title or text objects.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum