Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: combining formulas Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Paulajw
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Paulajw Replybullet Topic: combining formulas
     Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 1:54pm
Is there any way I can get a formula from report A and insert it in report B.
 
I want the data in the formula to be from report A and I want it to show up on report B.
 
IE I have a Profit and loss statement that only has one depsrtment on it, but I want to bring over the total sales from the corporate statement...
PJ
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 4:27pm
You would have to use a subreport and then put the data into a Shared variable. Shared variables can have their data passed between the main report and subreport.
 
I cover Shared variables in extensive detail in Chapter 9 of my Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum