Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Pie Chart Label Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mdhk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mdhk Replybullet Topic: Pie Chart Label Question
     Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 7:54pm
I have a Pie chart in my report and I want to change the label format for the X-axis; which is a date field. I want to change it into MM/YYYY, however, I found it is not availble from the option list (Chart option -> Grid (Group Axis tabpage) -> Numbers.
 
Is there any way I can adjust the format other than the default option?Unhappy
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 7:46am
Hi
 
Go to Chart Expert then in Data Tab On change of field select the date click  order button
Then in chart sort order select for each month
cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
mdhk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mdhk Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 5:47pm
Hi Rahul,
 
Thanks for your reply. May be I have to more specified. Currently, I can display Sep-08 as my X-axis label. But I want it to show as 09-08. Is it possible?
 
Regards
MD
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:57am
Hi MD
 
Here is how you do
 
Create a formulas to extract Month and Year part from the date then conact the results for Month and Date then group by the final concat formula.
 
In the pie chart select the final conact formula....
 
Frm_month
totext({Orders.Order Date},"MM")
 
Frm_year
  CStr({Orders.Ship Date},"yy")
 
Frm_Concat
 
Group by Frm_Concat
 
Then in Pie Chart Data Tab  On Change of Select Frm_Concat
 
 
Cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 19 Nov 2008 at 12:57am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum