Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: return a specific row using summary field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
knute73
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote knute73 Replybullet Topic: return a specific row using summary field
     Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 12:09pm
I have a report that returns several rows of data put in order by length of time.  I take the number of rows and multiply them by .9 to get the 90th percentile row.  I only want the data in that one row to show.  How would I do that?  I have the rows numbered using a count summary.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 5:01pm
Use a conditional formula in the Suppress property to compare the special field RecordNumber to your calculation. Use the <> test so that the field gets suppressed when they aren't equal.
 
I have many tips and tricks for advanced report formatting in my Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.

[

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum