Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert - help needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
volda2000
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote volda2000 Replybullet Topic: Select Expert - help needed
     Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 2:30pm

With my current select statement I sometimes end up with duplicates.  I know the duplicates are coming from a specific table and I can't control the duplicates using the links or the "Select Distinct Records" command.

There is a field in the table "SequenceNumber"(number) which I would always want only the record that contains the greatest number.
 
Any thoughts on the needed formula for this? I've been unable to get this.
 
Andy
IP IP Logged
prasetya
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote prasetya Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 6:25pm
go to Formula Fields, add maxi formula and type this syntax :

         MAX{table.SequenceNumber}

and then on details part, right click on detail, and select Format Fields
on Common Tab, find Suppress, and click at the icon.
Type this syntax :
          {table.SequenceNumber} <> maxi
-PAM-
IP IP Logged
volda2000
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote volda2000 Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 7:59am
Perfect!  That worked - Thanks SO MUCH for your help.
There are so many ways to accomplish things in this app that sometime you get so focused on one method you forget to think about others.
 
Thanks Again.......Andy
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum