Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: rpt.PaperSize = 133 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
EVEMC
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote EVEMC Replybullet Topic: rpt.PaperSize = 133
     Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:00am
I've some problems with printing from CR.

I create a report on my own pc. When someone else run's this report (from a differtent pc), CR uses the printer settings from that pc. When the settings are not the same, the output is not the same.

I found the following resolution, but I don't know how to implementate this is CR:

The reason why a report created using a custom paper size prints differently once it is distributed is that the report’s paper size ID (Form ID) is saved with the report file. It is the ID value that is saved and not the name of the paper size because the Crystal Reports print engine uses the operating system's DEVMODE structure to save the printer information with the report. This is by design, and affects all Crystal Reports development tools.
To pass a custom paper size ID to a report using the Crystal Reports Designer Component, use the following code:
rpt.PaperSize = 133


Where in CR do I have to set RPT.PAPERSIZE = 133 ????

Note: I'm using: CR version 8.5






Edited by EVEMC - 12 Nov 2008 at 5:49am
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:21am
Hi
You can't set the paper size if you are using Crystal Client only ,what you can do is go to File Menu then Printer Setup and Select No Printer.hope this does the trick
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
EVEMC
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote EVEMC Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:44am
Originally posted by rahulwalawalkar

Hi
You can't set the paper size if you are using Crystal Client only ,what you can do is go to File Menu then Printer Setup and Select No Printer.hope this does the trick
 
Cheers
Rahul


No, that doesn't work. I'd already tried that setting.
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 7:39am

Hi

Do you get any warning message when the report is opened on another machine,Have you tried the option save data with the report

 

Cheers

Rahul

 

IP IP Logged
EVEMC
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: Netherlands
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote EVEMC Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 5:48am
No there's no warning message of error. To solve this problem, I've to set the following option:  RPT.PAPERSIZE = 133.

But, I don't know where??
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum