Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: using default printer on compiled report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vandersee
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote vandersee Replybullet Topic: using default printer on compiled report
     Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 4:59pm
Hello
 
When I create a report (using version 8.5) I select a default printer for the report from File and Printer Setup.  I then compile the report so that users in different locations can access the exe file.  Many of these users use printers other than the one that I've set as the default for the report. 
 
Is it possible to design the report so when each user prints the report it goes to their windows default printer rather than the printer that I've set as the default for the report?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 3:11am

Hi,

I am not aware if you can do in version 8.5 but in version 10 and XI 

Open the report go to File Menu then Printer Setup and Check the box No Printer in Print Setup Dialog.

Cheers

Rahul

 

IP IP Logged
vandersee
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote vandersee Replybullet Posted: 13 Nov 2008 at 11:18pm
Thanks for your response,
 
When I tick the No Printer box any report that is set to print in Landscape changes to Portrait.  Is there any way around this?
 
Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum