Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Pass stored procedure param in subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
e.rangel
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote e.rangel Replybullet Topic: Pass stored procedure param in subreport
     Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 12:23pm
Hi everybody,

I need to pass a param to a stored procedure in a subreport.

I'm using Crystal Reports 8.5 and Delphi 7.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if already exists a topic about this issue, I've searched a lot and didn't found.


Edited by e.rangel - 04 Nov 2008 at 12:25pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 2:31pm
it sounds like you need to link the subreport to the main report.  right click on the subreport and select 'Change Subreport Links'.  The value(s) you pass in can link to your subreport.  I haven't done this in a long time, but it should solve your problem.
IP IP Logged
e.rangel
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote e.rangel Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 9:34am
Actually, the link of the main report with the subreport it's alright, but for each line from main report, I would like to call a stored procedure in subreport, passing values for the stored procedure params.

Thanks anyway.
IP IP Logged
cwyenberg
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote cwyenberg Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 9:44am
I was about to pack it in before finding this post. Offered a clue as to why I kept getting a "Enter Parameter Value" window when running my report. Looked at the Change Subreport Links and there was nothing there.
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum