Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to display GroupName in Page hearder Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Najeeb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Najeeb Replybullet Topic: How to display GroupName in Page hearder
     Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 9:51am
I have created a report which prints each group in seperate pages.
Now I want to display the group name in the Page Header - using a formula @GrpName
 
the problem here is, from second page onwards, GroupName displayed is of previous group.
 
If I use next(Fld) function for GroupName, First Group is not displayed properly.
 
If I place this formula in footer , it works fine.
 
 
and in some time one group is continued to 2 or more sheets, then issue become more coplicated.
 
Is there any method to evaluate a formula in Header after reading all records upto footer or evaluating a field in footer?
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 12:59am
Hi,
 
Why don't you display the Group Name in Group Header,Also do this
 
Go to Report Menu ,Section Expert  then select Group Footer the Check x+2 button against New Page After will print the Group in New Page and enter the code below
 
Not OnLastRecord
 
will take care of page breaks at end of the report
 
Cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 05 Nov 2008 at 12:59am
IP IP Logged
Najeeb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Najeeb Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 8:52am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

This report has a parameter driven formating, which has the cases of new page for each group or 2 or more group in one page. If 2 or more groups are coming in one page, I want to display group names in single line to gether with page heading seperated by commas.

If I use group name in Group header, Each name is displayed on seperate line.
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 2:47pm
You might be able to create a formula to update a variable that is displayed.  You would update the variable every time your group changes, and reset it at every page change.
 
This might work, at least this is the path that I would take.
 
Good luck
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 1:38pm
I don't believe there's any way to get the information about multiple groups to display in the header if there are multiple groups on the page.  This is because Crystal doesn't know what groups are going to be on a page until it is actually rendering the page.  This means that when the header is printed or displayed, the information about the groups on the page is not available because they haven't been rendered yet.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 1:41pm

Wouldn't surprise me... I had the same feeling, but said it was the path that I would persue, wasn't sure it would work.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum