Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Duplicate Results Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 1:45am
Hi,
First post and in need of some help.
I have created a simple report taking out from our MSSQL database data: 'jobnumber' and 'quote amount' plus some other info such as contact details etc...
In our database we have some duplicate entries so on this report I often get duplicate results. I cannot remove the duplicate entries from the database as they are needed - so can I get Crystal Reports to take out all the duplicate job numbers in the report unless the quote amount is different?
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 3:03am
Field job_number - data usually just 123456 format Field quoted_value - data £999,999 format
Often though we have a few records on the report duplicated as often we send out multiple quotes for one job as we quote the same amount to each of the people who may do the work.
Basically I am trying to add up all the sent out quotes for a particular time frame. It is all working except this duplicate results for some jobs.
I need something along the lines of either remove or display in red or something so I can identify them - where the job number is a duplicate and also the quote amount is duplicate.
If the job number is the same but the quote amount is different then that if fine and nothing needs to be done about it.
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 3:12am
Yes at the minute all the job numbers are displaced in order so I can see all the duplicates and they are under each other for example it goes job: 1123, 1124, 1125, 1125, 1125 all with quotes next to them.
I just want to stand out - perhaps make all the duplicate font colour Red?
Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Posted: 04 Nov 2008 at 4:09am
instead of group, you can use sort the records on job number and quote amount and
in the format option of the field select the font tab and select the formula button in front of the color button, in the formula section u can write the following syntax
if jobnumber = previous(jobnumber) and quoteamount = preivous(quoteamount) then
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum