Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross-Tab Totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mikebird
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote mikebird Replybullet Topic: Cross-Tab Totals
     Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 2:55am
I have a simple formula where a value in a list of strings is either = "value1" then "Value 1" or anything else in the list the "Value 2", so there are two possibilites for the column in this cross-tab, and I have three layers of these in the column.
 
What I don't want is to have Total next to the third column; it just mirrors that single column and is pointless and annoying. I can't see a way to get rid of that. I think the Total is automatic because you might see dozens of items there and a Total would be useful. There must be a way to kill the total when it's like this! I tried suppression
 
I wish I could show you the PDF.
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
IP IP Logged
raisins
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote raisins Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 10:08am

Did you try going to Cross Tab Expert then Customize Style and suppressing there (lower right hand corner)?

 

 

IP IP Logged
mikebird
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote mikebird Replybullet Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 4:02am
Yes. Thanks for that. I did it before posting the question and it clears out the bottom and right side lines of total, but the automatic totals will not go. I really think this option should be included. When you have one item in your list, you don't want a Total column next to it!
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
IP IP Logged
raisins
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote raisins Replybullet Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 10:36am
I think you can right click on the item then go to format field - Common then click the suppress.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum