Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR XI - Using a formula as a Dynamic Parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nixweb
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote nixweb Replybullet Topic: CR XI - Using a formula as a Dynamic Parameter
     Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 3:30am
Hi everyone
 
I have a field in my database that has a whole load of different values many of which can logically be grouped together.
 
I can create a formula that will take whatever is in that field and convert it, leaving me with a field that has 100's of distinct values and a formula based on it which only has 10 distinct values.
 
Now I want the user to be able to filter the report based on that formula.  Is there anyway to achieve this as a dynamic parameter?
 
I realise that I could set it up as a static parameter, but I always try to avoid this where possible.
 
Kind Regards
 
Nick
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 11:24am

Unfortunately, this can't be done as a dynamic parameter.

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
nixweb
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote nixweb Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 12:46am
Thought as much - thank you very much - static it is
 
nick
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum