Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 28 Oct 2008 at 6:19am
i have done that and used select expert to link it
IF {?Brand fitments}="ALL" THEN {vfmProductBrands.Description}LIKE"*" ELSE {vfmProductBrands.Description}={?Brand fitments} and {vfmAuthorisationDetails.InsertDate} in {?Start Date } to {?End Date }
the latter is the formula thats applicable, it doesnt seem to be working as the data it returns is incorrect have i missed something
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 1:54am
I'm wondering if the other conditions might be messing up the final result? I've had multiple conditions and I think that the last one is failing, but then realize that a null value messed up one of the original tests. So when I see multiple conditions like this, I like to break things apart and test each condition by itself to validate it. If each one on its own gives the correct data, then I know that the problem lies with how I built the combination of them all.
So I would create the formula just using the date part and see how that goes and get it working. Then add the other conditions individually and test it each step of the way.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 8:18am
it doesnt work
if i leave off the end date then its ok
IF {?Brand fitments}="ALL" THEN {vfmProductBrands.Description}LIKE"*" ELSE {vfmProductBrands.Description}={?Brand fitments} and {vfmAuthorisationDetails.InsertDate} >{?Start Date }
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum