Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing page footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Vack
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Vack Replybullet Topic: Suppressing page footer
     Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 7:33am
I'm designing an Invoice to line up with a pre printed form. I need a page footer so that the line items don't print over comments are already on the pre printed form. I need the group footer to print at the bottom of the last page of the invoice.
 
I've tried a conditional suppress on the page footer.
 
pagenumber = totalpagecount
 
As a test I put some text in the page footer to make sure it was working. The text gets suppressed but there is still space at the bottom of the last page. I need the group footer to print there.
 
Any Ideas??
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 11:21am
Is the group footer printing, just in the wrong place...not quite sure from you comments.
 
I haven't tried this, but if the group footer is printing, have you tried tell the report to print it at the bottom of the page(Section Expert)?
 
Just wondering.
IP IP Logged
Vack
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Vack Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2008 at 11:58am
Yes. When I do that it prints a new page and then prints the group footer at the bottom of the page. So it makes a 2 page invoice into a 3 page invoice where the 3rd page is just the totals.
 
The group footer is printing but its printing too high. On the last page I pretty much need the total 1 line up from the bottom of the page, But on all subsequent pages I  need there to be about a half inch of blank space.
IP IP Logged
samnitzberg
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote samnitzberg Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 2008 at 1:20pm
Just went through the same thing.  Suppressing a footer seems to just not print what's in it without really removing the area it's reserving.  Instead, use the same conditional formula to suppress each field within the footer, and then set the footer for "Suppress Blank Section".  Worked for me.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum