Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Lists Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TerriS
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote TerriS Replybullet Topic: Parameter Lists
     Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 2:57pm
I'm having trouble simply getting the value list to populate when I'm creating a parameter.  I choose a database field in the "Value Field", then under Actions I choose "Append all database values" but nothing populates to the value list.  I have a connection to the database and when I browse the field I've choosen there are definately values in that field.  What could I be doing wrong?  I'm in Crystal 11.5 Cry
 
 
Also an issue with Dynamic Parameters.  I get this error message on those:  "Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: Failed to get data source.]'. Error source: prompt.dll Error Code 8x8004380D  Angry


Edited by TerriS - 16 Oct 2008 at 4:05pm
IP IP Logged
rosaus
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote rosaus Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 4:04pm
Hi...Can you check the type of the database field(i.e. Date,String..). Have the same type mentioned when you are creating the parameter. 
IP IP Logged
TerriS
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote TerriS Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 4:06pm
It's a string, the underlying database field is a vchar
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum