Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Crsytal 10 - Subreport help! Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 8:33am
I have a subreport that pulls the same data as the main report.
Main report = Company data Subreport = Subsidiary Companies and their data
I am passing the company_Id param to the subreport as company.parent_Id
The main report and subreport both display data *IF* the main report has data..... If the main report is blank, the subreport is also blank even though data should be present in the sub. Why is this happening? Any ideas??
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 10:44am
The main report pulls in the corporate company along with issues attached to the corp company. The sub report pulls in child companies (Company.parent_company_Id = company.company_Id) for example.
* IF the main report which is keyed off the company does not contain any issues, it will not return the sub report, even though issues do exist at the sub report level...
I have tried passing the company_ID, acronym (Which is a text based field). I have tried every combination of joins for company.company_id = issue.company_id) but nothing seems to jive.
If the main report does infact contain issues for the parent "main report" then the subreport will pull. Very confused...Any ideas?
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 12:30pm
Hi Sharona,
Thanks for your suggestions.
I did not have the null values checked in v10. I checked both options: - Convert Database NULL values to default - Convert other NULL values to default
I checkmarked both options, re-ran the report, but it only scrambled the data further, adding empty Support Tickets to the the Issue level.
I removed the check for "Convert Database NULL values to default" keeping "Convert other NULL values to default" and the report seems to be back to square1 where report still doesn't show subreports openm issue data when main report (Corp Company) is void of open Issues.
I am using left outer joins on all relationships, but for my amusement, I have tried all the joins
I am starting to wonder if Crystal doesn't like joining a table onto itself, but I don't see any logic as to why it would have difficulties with this. Very puzzled..
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum