Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: line grows horizontal with can grow = false Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
moosetracker
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote moosetracker Replybullet Topic: line grows horizontal with can grow = false
     Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 1:18pm
I don't want my text line to grow, in some cases I expect it to show what it can and truncate off. It grows horizontally writting over the fields that are there and giving a double image mess.
 
Can grow = false as I did not need it to grow vertically either. How do I get the horizontal to not grow?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 2:31pm
I ran into this issue and opened a support issue on it.  The way to resolve this is a registry setting on the server where the report runs.
 
Log in to the server as the user ID under which the reports run.  In RegEdit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Crystal Reports\Saved Data.  Add the following key:
 
TruncateClippedFieldStrings = Yes
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
moosetracker
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote moosetracker Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 11:00am
Thanks,
 
I have the problem on my local machine, not yet published.
 
I looked under the _current_user/Software/  but no buisness Objects folder.
 
I did find a  path under HKey_Local_machine/Software/Business Objects\Crystal Reports\    --- But then no Saved Data.. Only something called Default  which is type Reg_Sz
 
 
I will go check this on the server we will be deploying this to. It may be a difference of local & Server..
 
Just kind of stuck at where to go from the local machine though.
 
Do we create a new key under this folder?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 11:58am

This is the registry key that I got from SAP Tech Support to resolve this issue.  It doesn't work under HKEY_Local_Machine.  You may also need to create the folders in order to get it to work.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum